Scroll & click the images below to view this artwork in different rooms & settings.
- On a tablet or mobile, click the “view in your room” button, point your camera at the wall you wish to see the artwork on. It will appear to scale on the wall, when viewed through your device.
- On a desktop/laptop, click the same button & scan the QR code using a mobile device to view the artwork on your wall instantly.
- Use 1 finger to move artwork to desired spot. If it disappears, close, go back & click “view in your room” button again. To resize art, pinch to zoom with 2 fingers.
Requires compatible Apple iOS 13 or Android with ARCore 1.9+
Mark Nodea / Jarlalu Country (2B)
60cm x 90cm Ochre & Garliwan (tree resin) on CanvasView more from artist
60cm x 90cm Ochre & Garliwan (tree resin) on Canvas
Other Payment Methods
How Artworks Are Sent
Ochre / Kimberley artworks are shipped on canvas or linen, already stretched, ready to hang unless stated otherwise.
Acrylic artworks are shipped on canvas or linen un-stretched, rolled up in a cardboard tube unless stated otherwise.
These artworks will need to be stretched on a stretcher board before hanging.
This can be done by nearly any picture framer (highly recommended) or you can DIY if you’re confident in your handiwork.
There are numerous "how to" videos on YouTube showing you how to achieve this.
Mark was born in Derby in 1968. He resides in Turkey Creek and is the former Chairperson of Warmun Art Centre. He is a wonderful ambassador for his Community and the traditional ochre art of the area. Mark is well educated and an incredibly talented Traditional ochre artist. His charcoal sketches and figurative acrylic works are testimony of his ability in any sphere / medium of artworks.
He has been taught the stories of his land by his mother, artist Nancy Nodea, and paints her country, Texas Downs, and his father’s country around Cherabun Station. Mark’s father is Hanson Boxer, a Walmajarrie man, and this enables Mark to extend his content to embrace both Kitja land and his father’s country around Yakanarra (an excision of Go Go Station via Fitzroy Crossing) and Cherabun Station. His minimal and sometimes flamboyant style gives him scope for large works. He is undoubtedly one of the most naturally talented Australian artists.
Mark’s design won the 2002 Royal Australian Mint International Award for Pure Silver Collector Coin. The Royal Australian Mint has only released ten such coins since 1983. He has participated in Group Exhibitions and his first Solo in September 2003 at the prestigious Alison Kelly Gallery in Melbourne was a sell out success. In 2013, Mark beat a host of brilliant Western Australian artists to take first prize in the $20,000 Mid West Art Award for Excellence.
• Ochre on Board, Japingka Gallery, Fremantle, WA
• Back To The Board, Coo-ee Gallery, Sydney, NSW
• Wolf Creek Crater, AGOG, Melbourne, VIC
• Mark Nodea, Alison Kelly Gallery, Melbourne, VIC
• Group Show, Framed Gallery, Darwin, NT
• East Kimberley Show, Short Street Gallery, Broome
• Coomalie Culture Centre, Batchelor, NT
• All That Gija Country, Flinders University Museum, SA
• Thornquest Gallery, Gold Coast, QLD
• New Works From Warmun, Framed, Darwin, NT
• In Celebration – The Peter Bailiee Aquisitive Exhibition, Flinders University Art Museum
• 2013 – First Prize, $20,000 Mid West Art Award for Excellence
• 2002 – Kimberley Interpreting Centre, Designer of Image for Medical Poster
• 2002 – Royal Australian Mint, Canberra, Designer of 10th Commemorative Silver Dollar
• Laverty Collection, Sydney
• Ross Jones Collection, Sydney
• Art Gallery of Queensland
In 2006 – 07, Mark painted a series of Kurrirr Kurrirr or Dance Headboards depicting the well documented Corroboree theme as dreamed by the late Rover Thomas. He stated that he had painted Jarlalu Country in memory of Buttercup, one of the most revered and Senior Elder Kitja Law Women who passed away in 2006 about the time he commenced the Kurrirr Kurrirr Series. Mark described the content of the work as being on Texas Downs Station going towards Tickelara (Station), country which both Buttercup and Rover had worked. The artwork incorporates the roundel shape which is one of the patterns on the Kurrirr Kurrirr Dance Boards with the rivers and tracks on Texas Downs leading up to Tickelara which is situated in the Bungle Bungles. Buttercup was custodian of a corroboree about which not a great deal is told by the Kitja people. It involved a story as told to Buttercup by a deceased woman known only as “wife for Larry” concerning the water spirits (mermaids) in the area. The corroboree is titled Werra Werra. It appears Mark has connected the two corroborees in a manner which is certainly feasible yet not revealing anything which should not be said.
Shipping, Returns & Exchanges
Shipping & Insurance is 100% Free Worldwide
Note: Some countries & local jurisdictions may charge import customs fees. Please check with your local customs office. Free shipping does not include any additional import duties, taxes or fees.Guarantee & Refunds:
All artworks come with a 30-day 100% money back guarantee.
If, for whatever reason, on delivery of your artwork(s), you are not satisfied with your acquisition, you may return the artworks(s) for a full refund of the purchase price.
When requesting a refund all return shipping charges are to be borne by the customer and as all goods are the responsibility of the customer until they are received by us, we highly recommend that you insure the goods to be returned to the value of the purchase price.
This can usually be done easily through your local postage service or courier.Exchanges:
The Artlandish 30-day exchange program means you may also swap your artwork(s) with something else up to the value of the originally purchased painting(s).
Simply notify Artlandish within 30 days of receiving your artwork that you wish to exchange it for another piece and then return the artwork to be exchanged.
The new artwork(s) chosen via exchange also enjoy Free worldwide shipping! You will only have to cover the return shipping costs of the artwork you wish to exchange.
If you have any other questions or concerns , please don't hesitate to contact us at any time.
For more information and full details please see our refunds and returns policy page , money back guarantee page and our shipping page