Scroll & click the images below to view this artwork in different rooms & settings.
- On a tablet or mobile, click the “view in your room” button, point your camera at the wall you wish to see the artwork on. It will appear to scale on the wall, when viewed through your device.
- On a desktop/laptop, click the same button & scan the QR code using a mobile device to view the artwork on your wall instantly.
- Use 1 finger to move artwork to desired spot. If it disappears, close, go back & click “view in your room” button again. To resize art, pinch to zoom with 2 fingers.
Requires compatible Apple iOS 13 or Android with ARCore 1.9+
Freddie Timms / Texas Country (1B)
60cm x 150cm Ochre on Canvas, 2015View more from artist
60cm x 150cm Ochre on Canvas, 2015
Other Payment Methods
How Artworks Are Sent
Ochre / Kimberley artworks are shipped on canvas or linen, already stretched, ready to hang unless stated otherwise.
Acrylic artworks are shipped on canvas or linen un-stretched, rolled up in a cardboard tube unless stated otherwise.
These artworks will need to be stretched on a stretcher board before hanging.
This can be done by nearly any picture framer (highly recommended) or you can DIY if you’re confident in your handiwork.
There are numerous "how to" videos on YouTube showing you how to achieve this.
1944 – 2017
Freddie was born at Police Hole, Bedford Downs Station in 1944. He was a stockman and worked on many stations in the East Kimberley, in particular Bow River Station which was granted by the Government to the Timms Family, with Freddie’s uncle the late Timmy Timms as Chairperson.
Freddie commenced painting in the late 1980’s with the best – Rover Thomas, Jack Britten, Paddy Jampinji, Henry Wambini. He participated in numerous Group and Solo Exhibitions and his paintings have been collected and acquired by the most notable Galleries and Collectors both in Australia and overseas. For many years he travelled frequently to attend Exhibitions within Australia but home was always the East Kimberley where he lived at Frog Hollow Community to the south of the Kununurra with his wife Beryline Mung, his two sons and grandchildren.
The measure of Freddie’s status in the Art World is that his works have been included in prestigious exhibitions such as “Great Masters: From Tradition to Contemporary Art”, Aboriginal Art Museum, Utrecht, Netherlands along with only 9 other aboriginal artists including Emily Kngwarreye and Rover Thomas.
Freddie passed away in early 2017; a strong, proud and quiet man, he was highly respected in both the art world and as a Senior Kitja elder. An authority on the area, topography and seasonal conditions of the East Kimberley he was also one of the first Indigenous painters to exhibit alongside European artists, a long term board member of the Association of Northern, Kimberley and Arnhem Aboriginal Artists (AANKA) and one of the most highly respected Aboriginal Artists in Australia.
Arltandish was honoured to have both a working relationship and a treasured friendship with this man for over 17 years and he is greatly missed by us all.
Selected Solo Exhibitions
– Freddie Timms, Melbourne Art Fair (Gould Galleries)
– Freddie Timms, Gould Galleries, Sydney
– Freddie Timms, Gould Galleries, Melbourne
– Recent Paintings, Gow Langford Gallery, Auckland, NZ
– Recent Paintings, Watters Gallery, Sydney
– My Country, William Mora Galleries, Melbourne
– Recent Paintings, Watters Gallery, Sydney
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS (2002 – 2008)
– Last Tango at Wyndham, Raft Artspace, Darwin
– New Legend: Recent works from the Kimberley, William Mora Galleries, Melbourne
– Prism: Contemporary Aust. Art, Bridgestone Museum of Art, Tokyo
– Great Masters, Aboriginal Art Museum, Utrecht, Netherlands
– Interesting Times, Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney
– Beyond the Frontier, Sherman Galleries, Sydney
– Terra Alterius: Land of Another, Ivan Dougherty Gallery, University of NSW College of Fine Arts, Sydney
– True Stories: Art of the East Kimberley, Art Gallery of NSW
– Kelly Culture: Reconstructing Ned Kelly, State Library of Victoria
– Jirrawun Jazz, Raft Artspace, Darwin
– Blood on the Spinifex, The Ian Potter Museum of Art, Melbourne
– Rhapsodies in Country, GrantPirrie at Art Miami, US
– Jirrawun Artists, William Mora Galleries, Melbourne
– National Gallery of Australia, Canberra
– New South Wales Art Gallery
– National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
– Art Gallery of Western Australia
– Art Gallery of South Australia
– Gabrielle Pizzi Collection, Melbourne
– Kelton Foundation, Santa Monica, USA
– Artbank Sydney
– Wollongong City Gallery
– Holmes à Court Collection, Perth
– Laverty Collection
– Aboriginal Art Museum, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Shipping, Returns & Exchanges
Shipping & Insurance is 100% Free Worldwide
Note: Some countries & local jurisdictions may charge import customs fees. Please check with your local customs office. Free shipping does not include any additional import duties, taxes or fees.Guarantee & Refunds:
All artworks come with a 30-day 100% money back guarantee.
If, for whatever reason, on delivery of your artwork(s), you are not satisfied with your acquisition, you may return the artworks(s) for a full refund of the purchase price.
When requesting a refund all return shipping charges are to be borne by the customer and as all goods are the responsibility of the customer until they are received by us, we highly recommend that you insure the goods to be returned to the value of the purchase price.
This can usually be done easily through your local postage service or courier.Exchanges:
The Artlandish 30-day exchange program means you may also swap your artwork(s) with something else up to the value of the originally purchased painting(s).
Simply notify Artlandish within 30 days of receiving your artwork that you wish to exchange it for another piece and then return the artwork to be exchanged.
The new artwork(s) chosen via exchange also enjoy Free worldwide shipping! You will only have to cover the return shipping costs of the artwork you wish to exchange.
If you have any other questions or concerns , please don't hesitate to contact us at any time.
For more information and full details please see our refunds and returns policy page , money back guarantee page and our shipping page